Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and high-quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you: your comfort, your happiness, and your health
During your first visit, your HYGIENIST will:
- Review your medical history forms
- Discuss any dental concerns you may have
- Take any necessary X-rays
- Assess the overall health of your gums and bone
- Perform Diagnodent readings
- Clean your teeth while assessing for any signs of tooth decay
- Complete your cleaning with a full-mouth polish and fluoride treatment
- Educate you on your oral health status and discuss an appropriate cleaning schedule
Your DENTIST will:
- Review your medical history
- Listen to any of your dental concerns
- Complete a comprehensive exam, looking for:
- Damaged or missing teeth
- Early signs of tooth decay
- Position of teeth (spacing, bite, etc.)
- Signs of clenching and grinding
- Tender muscles of the head, neck, and jaw
- Inflammation of lymph nodes
- Condition of your gums
- Function of your temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Suspicious growths or cysts
- Oral cancers with the Velscope
- Have your hygienist come in to go over your oral hygiene assessment
- Using your hygiene assessment, X-rays, exam, and DIAGNOdent readings, your dentist will educate you on your oral health status.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment
- Your insurance card
- Current medication list
- Any current removable dental appliances
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The Candian Dental Association recommends a visit to your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit our office, please remember your first appointment can last between 90 and 120 minutes.
Most insurance plans are accepted, but because not all insurances are the same, our friendly administrative staff can work with you to help you understand your own personal plan.