Your First Visit At Our Dental Clinic
Our practice is dedicated to providing you and your family with gentle, safe, and the highest level of dental care. Our team understands how anxious patients can get when it comes to the dentist. We prioritize your needs, and it is our goal to ensure you feel comfortable visiting our practice and receiving the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you: your comfort, your happiness, and your health
During your first visit, your HYGIENIST will:
- Review your medical history forms
- Discuss any dental concerns you may have
- Take any necessary X-rays
- Assess the overall health of your gums and bone
- Perform Diagnodent readings
- Clean your teeth while assessing for any signs of tooth decay
- Complete your cleaning with a full-mouth polish and fluoride treatment
- Educate you on your oral health status and discuss an appropriate cleaning schedule
Your DENTIST will:
- Review your medical history
- Listen to any of your dental concerns
- Complete a comprehensive exam, looking for:
- Damaged or missing teeth
- Early signs of tooth decay
- Position of teeth (spacing, bite, etc.)
- Signs of clenching and grinding
- Tender muscles of the head, neck, and jaw
- Inflammation of lymph nodes
- Condition of your gums
- Function of your temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Suspicious growths or cysts
- Oral cancers with the Velscope
- Have your hygienist come in to go over your oral hygiene assessment
- Using your hygiene assessment, X-rays, exam, and DIAGNOdent readings, your dentist will educate you on your oral health status.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment
- Your insurance card
- Current medication list
- Any current removable dental appliances
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The Candian Dental Association recommends you visit your dentist at least once every six months for a checkup and cleaning to ensure your gums and teeth are healthy.
We understand you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit our office, please remember your first appointment can last between 90 and 120 minutes.