We all wish to have a smile that complements our features the most, but isn’t that only occasionally the case? Most of us have crooked teeth, and we wish to straighten them, but we need guidance.
Look no further; Invisalign in Edmonton is here to help. You may have your teeth aligned comfortably, and guess what? They’re undetectable. Here you will find instructions on how to use Invisalign to straighten your teeth.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign, as the name suggests, is a type of retainer that is almost “invisible” for straightening teeth. Aligners are an alternative to traditional metal braces. You receive clear, detachable trays that snugly cover your teeth from your Edmonton dentist. Plastic that is BPA-free was used to make the transparent area of the trays. Yes, the material is rather translucent, making it difficult to see if you’re wearing them. It is one of the reasons why many adults and teenagers prefer Invisalign to traditional braces.
The trays are additionally manufactured to order based on a three-dimensional of your entire mouth. This means that the aligners’ operation will cause the teeth to move into the proper position. You will have to restock the trays every few weeks as the treatment progresses.
Benefits of Invisalign
Contrary to popular belief, most of us are more concerned about our dental health than we are with how our teeth look after getting Invisalign near you. Consequently, you can gain the following advantages from teeth straightening:
- You can easily clean your teeth if they are perfectly aligned.
- Having straighter teeth improves your confidence and self-esteem.
- Straightening your teeth improves the way you chew and bite.
- Having crooked teeth can cause jaw pain and tension; this doesn’t occur with teeth that have been straightened.
How Invisalign Treatment Works
Contrary to popular assumption, the majority of us are more worried about maintaining good dental health than having attractive teeth. Consequently, you can benefit from teeth straightening in the following ways:
- Your teeth can be readily cleaned if they are precisely aligned.
- Straighter teeth boost your self-esteem and confidence.
- You can chew and bite better after getting your teeth straightened.
- Jaw tension and pain can result from misaligned teeth. They can be lessened by straighter teeth.
How Long Does It Take to Straighten Teeth?
Within a few weeks of wearing your Invisalign aligners, you’ll be able to tell a difference in the alignment of your teeth. You must wear Invisalign aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours every day in order to achieve this. After 12 to 18 months, you will start to see noticeable improvements. However, as directed by your dentist near you, you must get a fresh set of aligners every week or two.
Maintaining Results After Invisalign
The fact that Invisalign aligners are invisible and painless is their best feature. However, after receiving your aligners, you must do regular maintenance to lengthen their useful lives and help correct your teeth. The following advice is for maintaining Invisalign:
- At least 22 hours a day must be spent wearing them.
- Brush your aligners frequently to prevent plaque buildup.
- To clean your aligners, submerge them in lukewarm water rather than heating them. Before eating, it is preferable to remove your aligners.
Are You Looking For a Dentist Who Offers Invisalign?
As you can see, using Invisalign to straighten teeth is a fantastic idea. A trustworthy dentist in South Edmonton is essential in order to make sure you get the most out of your treatment.
At Whitemud Dental Centre, we provide a wide range of teeth-straightening therapies, including Invisalign and conventional braces. Contact us online or give us a call if you’re ready for a smile makeover. We look forward to speaking with you soon!