Cosmetic dentistry is precisely what it sounds like: it’s a specific branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the aesthetics of your smile.
Anyone is a viable candidate for cosmetic dentistry in South Edmonton. If you’re eager to learn more about this area of oral health, get in touch with our local dental clinic today.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Fix?
Multiple cosmetic treatments are available to you as a patient. Listed below are the most well-known and frequently performed treatments:
1. Teeth whitening. This can be done in-office or at-home.
2. Porcelain veneers.
3. Dental bonding.
4. Installing a dental crown, bridge, or implant.
5. Providing tooth-colored fillings or inlays and onlays. Ceramic, composite resin, or porcelain are the three materials that are used in order to achieve this.
7. Dentures, either partial or complete. Dentures can also be permanently fixed in your mouth or be removable.
As is evident, these treatments can be classified as restorative techniques as well. The appearance and functionality of your smile often go hand in hand. For more information about this, speak with a dentist near you.
Receiving Cosmetic Dentistry
Before you’re able to go ahead and receive treatment for whatever dental issue you’re looking to amend, you’ll need to book a one-on-one consultation with your dentist in South Edmonton first.
During such a visit, your dentist will ask you what type of service you’re interested in receiving and what you expect. They’ll also perform a thorough physical exam of your mouth and may take multiple x-rays since it allows them to assess the underlying structures of your teeth and gums.
Your dentist will also be able to walk you through your preferred treatment from beginning to end so you know what to expect each step of the way. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to let them know.
Why is Cosmetic Dentistry Necessary?
There are all sorts of reasons why people seek out convenient, effective cosmetic dental services. They include:
1. Enhancing your appearance. Teeth that are discolored, oddly shaped, misaligned, or have too large of spaces between them are some examples of issues that can be remedied.
2. You’ll look younger!
3. It’ll help you eat. Fragmented teeth can make it hard, even painful, to chew. Furthermore, in rare circumstances, this can influence your body’s ability to digest your food.
4. Your overall oral health will receive a boost.
5. It’ll lessen the strain on your wallet. After all, the sooner you take action, the less money, stress, and time it will cost you later.
6. The treatments are straightforward, and the results will last long.
7. Cosmetic dental services are quite short. You’ll be back to your normal self in just a few days.
8. It’ll boost your self-confidence!
Thanks to high-quality, reliable technology, receiving cosmetic adjustments to your smile has never been easier or more accessible than in the past. Not to mention that, depending on the process, you can even improve your smile in the comfort of your own home by using whitening strips, toothpaste, and trays.
Brushing and flossing your teeth after each meal, attending routine dental cleanings, and adhering to any advice provided to you by your dentist will help your treatment be successful as possible.
Are you seeking cosmetic dentistry near you? If you are, Whitemud has got you covered! Our friendly staff is eager to help you get started! Call, visit our website, or come into our clinic whenever it works for you!
We look forward to helping your fall head over heels in love with your smile once again! To know more, please visit the dental clinic in South Edmonton today.